This article is all about how you can learn and manage different functions of Instagram ( Instagram- the widely used social media platform). Instead of wasting time on unnecessary navigation and exploration, this write up will guide you to use this platform with good speed and ease.
Private and Public Accounts on Instagram
Once you create an account with Instagram, it goes into the public mode by default. This status of your account allows others to follow you, see your photos and comments and also enables you to send direct message to other users.
You can make your Instagram account private and in this case the posts and photos will only be visible to your followers. You also have the liberty to control your Instagram account and can manage your followers respectively. You can follow the steps below to active the private mode for your Instagram account:
- Click on your profile picture in the bottom right and enter into your profile
2. Tap on the burger icon on the top right corner.
3. Tap on the settings
4. Tap Privacy
5. Tap on the switch next to the Private Account to activate the Private mode for your account.
6. Next you will get a window asking you to confirm your decision
After your account is made private, you have the privilege to block the users from seeing your activity on the account. Also people do not get notified when you block them, however they may able to find out that you are no longer interested in sharing the activity of your account.
How to send a follow request to someone on Instagram?
Please follow these steps below to send a follow request to someone on Instagram:
- Click on the ‘Search’ icon that looks like a magnifying glass on the bottom of your screen
- Type in the person or brand you would like to connect and follow.
- Once you are in that person’s accounts click on the blue “Follow” button at the top.
- Please remember for Public profiles you can click and immediately begin to follow. For private accounts you will have to wait for the person to accept your request.
How to send a follow request through other mediums within Instagram?
Instagram allows you to send a follow request through different mediums and here’s how you can do it:
- Tap on the Burger icon (the three lines on the top right corner of the screen).
- Tap on the settings
- Tap on the ‘Follow and Invite Friends’ and you will get three options
- Invite Friends by Email
- Invite Friends by SMS
- Invite Friends by – and you will get a list of different platforms which you can use to send the follow request.
How to switch your personal account to a professional account in Instagram?
On Instagram you have the liberty to convert your account into a business or a professional account by following the steps below:
- Tap on your profile picture on the below right corner
- Tap on the burger icon on the top right corner
- Tap on settings
- Tap on Account
- Scroll down and you will see ‘Switch to Professional Account’
- Follow the instructions further and select the category that best describes your profession
- Click on the ‘Done’ button
- You will get a confirmation window
- Click on OK to convert your account into a professional one on Instagram
How to delete my Instagram account?
After you delete your Instagram account there are chances that you will lose all the access to your profile, photos, videos, comments, likes and followers permanently. So instead of deleting, you can take a break by temporarily deactivating your account. You can follow the steps below to disable your account on temporarily:
- Log in to www.instagram.com from a computer or a mobile browser. You cannot disable your instagram account from an instagram app installed on your phone.
- Click on the profile picture in the top right and click Profile, then click Edit Profile.
- Scroll down, then click ‘Temporarily disable my account’ in the bottom right corner
- Select an option from the drop down menu next to ‘Why you are disabling your account’ and re-enter your password. The option to disable your account will only appear after you have selected a valid reason from the menu and enter your password.
- Click Temporarily Disable Account
If you wish to permanently delete your Instagram account, you can follow the below steps:
- Go to Delete your Account page under the link https://instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/ from your mobile browser or computer. Here also you cannot delete your account from the Instagram app.
- Select an option from the dropdown menu next to ‘Why are you deleting your account’? And reenter your password. The option to permanently delete your account will only appear after you have selected a valid reason from the menu.
- Click or tap Delete