Lemons are the storehouses of nutrients, vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and fiber. In fact the potassium levels in lemons are more than other fruits such as apples or grapes. Here we give you different benefits of lemon for your body head to toe.
Benefits of Lemon for Hair
Lemons are considered as a one stop solution for all your hair problems. The benefits of the lemon juice can work magic if you incorporate it into your daily hair care routine. The different benefits of Lemon juice for your hair include:
- Lemon juice removes the dirt and grime stuck in your hair; it cleans the scalp and unclogs the hair follicles.
- The vitamin C content in the lemons stimulates hair growth by enhancing the production of collagen.
- Lemon controls the production of oil on your scalp and the antifungal properties enhances and boosts scalp health, eliminates grave hair issues like dandruff and scalp acne.
- Lemon acts as good refreshing agent for your hair, especially during those days when your hair looks dull and frizzy. The antioxidants and the nutrients in the lemon juice make your hair soft and shiny.
Benefits of Lemon Juice for Skin
Lemons are a rich source of vitamin C and citric acid and are a great detoxifying agent, especially for your skin. The possible benefits of using lemon juice for skin include:
- The astringent qualities of lemon and its high pH level can aid in decreasing inflammation and oil which are reasons for an acne breakout.
- The citric acid has a type of AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) that can prevent the outbreak of blackheads and acne by breaking of the dead skin cells.
- The antimicrobial effects of lemon help reduce the emergence of the acne bacteria that leads to acne swelling on the face.
- The antifungal effects of lemon helps treat Candida rashes which is a kind of red itchy rash that appears on the folds of the skin.
- As lemon juice is a natural medicine for dead skin cells, it is also known to take care of the patches that emerge due to psoriasis and dandruff.
- The citrus content in lemon aids in increasing the collagen in your face.
- Please ensure to use lemon only once a day.
- Do not use lemons if you know you are going to be out in the sun, as doing such thing can cause sunburns.
Lemon for Weight Loss
Swapping your higher calorie drinks and juices for plain lemon water is the perfect path to weight loss and fitness. Let’s take a look at how simple lemon water can help you achieve your fitness goals:
- Begin your day with a glass of hot lemon water and this will kick start your metabolism and will prepare your body to enter the calorie-burning zone at a faster rate.
- Drinking lemon water gives you the feeling of fullness and thereby you do not show any inclination towards overeating.
- Lemon water is a great detoxifier and is highly effective in removing all the toxins from your body.
The above steps will help you tackle your weight gain problem by using a simple Lemon for Weight Loss.
Other Health benefits of Lemon Water
Apart from the above benefits, there are also other health benefits of lemon water which are:
- Lemon water keeps you hydrated as it regulates your body temperature and energizes you for any kind of physical activity.
- Mixing lemon water with green tea reaps huge health benefits like reducing the risk of cancers. Green tea carries an antioxidant polyphenol that blocks a particular molecule, which triggers heart ailments and cancers. Usually this antioxidant breaks down before it reaches your system, however when you add lemon to your green tea, it processes polyphenol so that they are not broken down.
- The pectin content in Lemon works as an anti-inflammatory agent, decreasing bloating and puffiness and also assist in regulating the insulin levels in your body.
- Drinking lemon water helps in smooth digestion process. The acidic nature of lemon slows the digestion process which in turn absorbs the nutrients that passes through your body after your meals.
- The Vitamin C in lemon can boost your immunity level and can keep you from falling sick.
- The nutrients in lemon acts as a good detoxifying agent as it cleanses your liver and helps you release the toxins within your blood system.
Replace your sugary drink and alcohol with lemon water, follow a balanced diet and regular exercise and you are already on the path to your fitness goals and good health.