Blood donation on a regular basis has proved beneficial not only for the recipient, but also for the donor. Numerous advantages can be listed for those who donate blood on a regular basis. Let’s find out more about those advantages:
- No Heart Attacks– Blood Donation reduces the risk of heart attacks especially in men.
- Say Goodbye to Liver Damage– Regular blood donation removes excessive deposit of iron in the liver and thereby prevents liver damage diseases such as liver cirrohsis, damage to pancreas etc, to a great extent.
- Increases Corpuscle level– After the blood donation process, the body functions to restore the blood loss. After which, new blood cells are produced naturally. This way donating blood help you stay healthy and strong for a longer period of time.
- Decreases the risk of Haemochromatosis– Haemochromatosis is a kind of genetic malfunction wherein the body absorbs excess content of iron from the food and deposits in different organs especially the liver. The main treatment to reduce this genetic disorder is to remove the blood continuously so that the iron content within your body is well balanced.
- Helps you maintain a healthy heart– High content of iron can thicken the blood and also intensify the oxidation process of cholesterol. This in turn can cause friction during the blood flow through the vessels and thereby can heighten the risk of resistance within your blood vessels. Hence, donating blood can reduce the unwanted deposit of iron content in your body.
- Reduce the risk of cancer– One of the main cause for cancer is the unwanted deposit of iron in the blood. Higher iron content is directly linked to greater possibility of developing cancer. Regular blood donors can control the iron content in the blood and thereby can prevent themselves from deadly diseases such as liver cancer, blood cancer, intestine cancer etc.
- Lessens Cholestrol level– Blood donation also lessens the risk of cholesterol diseases to a great extent. Blood donation increases the HDL (High Density lipo protein) which expedites the smooth flow of blood. Low HDL however can prove to be risky as it leads to clogging and blockage of blood flow.
So now you see that Blood donation is not only considered as an act of kindness, but it is also one of the healthiest habits that you can adopt in your life.